Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services (including purchasing our coaching services, contacting us with a enquiry or signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details.
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys.
We collect personal information about you from:
- When you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration process OR through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email).
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We gather various information about customers and users of our website. This information includes:
- personal information through your voluntary use of the Website and the purchase / enquiry process (such as your first and last names and email);
- personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- Provide you with the services you sign up for.
- Administer your account efficiently.
- Tell you about our new products, services and promotions: for example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- Customise our marketing and advertising.
- to improve the services that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand, for example, cloud storage
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we may share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email or print communications. We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties in order to customise our marketing and advertising.
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select “Yes”.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing and emails: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from The Speaking Coach when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
We may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your account.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
- Ask you to participate in surveys.
We may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All clients will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications and surveys. You can choose to remove yourself from these communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third-party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
The Speaking Coach is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner’s website.
You can find more information about our policies for protecting your personal information in our terms and conditions (available at www.thespeakingcoach.co.nz)